Saan aabot ang 500 pesos mo?
Dude, your 500 pesos is totally worth the spend if you’re in Antique!! Yep, for a total cost of 500 pesos, you can already tour around the place and experience the beauty of the province.
How to get to Tibiao, Antique:
Tibiao is located in the province of Antique in the Western Visayas region. As of now, there are no direct flights to Antique from Manila, however there are various easy ways to get here via plane.
Step 1: Book a Flight to Kalibo/ Caticlan/ Iloilo
- VIA KALIBO
- Flights available:
- From Kalibo Airport, ride a tricycle going to Kalibo Bus Terminal
- Fee: Around 50PHP per ride
- From Kalibo Bus Terminal, ride a bus going to Pandan Terminal.
- Fee: 70PHP
- Travel time: 1-1.5 hours
- From Pandan Terminal, ride a bus to Antique, drop off Brgy Importante
- Fee: Bus: 70-75PHP
- Travel time: 1 hour
- Via CATICLAN
- VIA ILOILO
STEP 2: From Tibiao drop off point, ride a Habal habal going to your accommodation
PS: During the ride we already visited the places mentioned below. So keep reading!
Where to stay in Tibiao, Antique
There are roughly a few choices in the area for an overnight stay. There are no luxury hotels, just inns or bahay kubos– which, for me, is better. Yes to adventures!
We stayed in La Escapo Lodge, which costs 250PHP each per night, and got it for 200PHP because of Ate Rona’s good bargaining skills with FREE BREAKFAST.
It was worth it. We have the whole kubo all by ourselves. We didn’t need air-condition since the weather is already cool during the night.
Contact: 0946 743 2347 / 0977 470 8784
How to tour around Tibiao, Antique
PS: There are a lot of places to visit in Tibiao. The places below are only LIMITED for a HALF DAY TOUR– and at a cheapest possible budget. So if you have limited time, and wanted to explore Antique the fastest way possible. This guide will be very helpful for you!
- HOW TO TOUR AROUND THE PLACES? -So as I was mentioning earlier, from the drop off point, you will be riding a habal habal going to any place you want in Tibiao. As for us, we hired one habal habal good for TWO PAX.
- HOW MUCH IS THE WHOLE TOUR? – We got it for only 75 pesos PER RIDE.
- Inclusive of:
- Tour to 3 places: Tibiao Hanging Bridge, Tibiao River, and Bugtong Bato Falls. Last drop off is at Bugtong Bato Falls. Then from Bugtong Bato Falls, the distance to Kawa Hot Bath Experience is a 5 minute walk away lang.
- Also include a drop off to your accommodation so you’ll get to leave your things first before proceeding to the falls.
- Make sure to inform the driver that you will have a side trip too Tibiao Hanging Bridge and Tibiao River.
- Inclusive of:
- REMEMBER: Before entering Tibiao, there is a registration fee of 50 PHP to be collected near the gate – the habal habal driver will take you there. Please do take note that you will be using the receipt of the 50PHP once you’ll visit the Bugtong Bato Falls. So don’t lose it!
Places to visit:
Tibiao Hanging Bridge
No Entrance Fee
Witness a scenic view of the Tibiao River up from this Hanging Bridge. You can also have a mini photo session ’cause admit it, hanging bridges has a thing being so instagram worthy!
No Entrance Fee
Hold your breath as you experience the bedazzling rock formations rested in the serene, cool, crystal clear Tibiao River. Yep, it is absolutely breathtaking!!
Bugtong Bato Falls
Guide Fee: 150PHP / group
Before indulging yourself in a relaxing Kawa Hot Bath Experience, challenge yourself first in a mini 30 minutes trekking and witness the majestic seven-tiered waterfalls, Bugtong Bato Falls. I swear, it’ll be worth it.
Kawa Hot Bath Experience
Activity Fee: 200PHP- 250PHP
This exotic Kawa Hot Bath definitely is the highlight of our tour!! I never thought it was this relaxing. Imagine yourself being wallowed in a human-sized bathing cauldrons immersed with fragrant leaves, flowers and herbs that perfectly creates that wonderful citrus scent, befittingly steamed that is just right for your body. I know, it’s surreal.
PS: The Kawa Hot Bath Experience is UNLIMITED- provided that there is no customer next to you!
500 PHP EXPENSE:
- PS: This excludes your airfare, food, and the transportation expense from the airport to Tibiao.
- Tibiao Habal habal ride: 75 PHP / ride: 38 PHP EACH PAX
- Registration fee: 50PHP
- Guide fee: Bugtong Bato Falls: 150PHP/ Guide: 38pPHP EACH PAX for a group of 4
- Kawa Hot Bath: 200PHP
- Overnight Accommodation: 200PHP
SUPER CHEAP RIGHT?! So what are you waiting for? SAY YES TO ADVENTURES!
Special Thanks to:
- Gorj Online Shop for my pangaura- bikini! I’ve been wearing it the whole day during our habal habal ride/ trekking/ commuting/ etc and dude I never felt uncomfy ❣