We all know that Boracay is one of the most beautiful island not just in the Philippines but in the world. Well in fact, it was dubbed as the world’s best island in 2012 by Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best Awards 2012. But let’s admit it, going to Boracay may be a little bit costly for us. But what if we forget about Boracay first, and head to Calaguas: a secret paradise that is as beautiful (at least almost) as Boracay? G?
Located in the beauteous province of Camarines Norte lies a flawless, unspoiled, and prepossessing paradise called Calaguas Island. Believe me, the beauty of this island is surreal. Its friable, powder-like sand will definitely put you in tranquility the moment your feet touches the ground. Serenity will conquer you as its pellucid, cool waters caress your skin and trounce your sight. Equanimity will define your sensation as you witness how alluring the natural resources around the island are. Ahhhhh, this is absolutely a paradise.
PRE TRAVEL GUIDE
Travel time: VAN- 8 hours + BOAT – 2 hours
- Complete Calaguas Tour
- 2D 1N Accommodation (Tent)
- Van Transfers
- 3 Complete Meals
- Entrance Fees, Boat Fees, etc.
What to bring:
Aside from bringing yourself, your extra clothes, and the usual to bring stuff, here are some additional things I suggest you to bring:
- Beddings for your tent accommodation
- Insect Repellant
- Cards / Board Games/ Etc for Socialization
- Snorkeling Gears (You must not miss how clear Calaguas Island’s water is!)
- Underwater Camera (To document your memories underwater)
No need to bring Cooking Utensils, since Travel Galore’s Calaguas Island Package already includes 3 meals!
- Facebook Page: Travel Galore
- Landline: (077) 6771477
- Mobile Number:
- Globe: 09164837063, 09776499912, 09773741526
- Smart: 09469462541, 09212434958, 09506852902
- Sun: 09224813492, 09225267347
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
With its unblemished beauty where the sand is purely pristine and the water is impeccably limpid, Calaguas Beach is no doubt, an ideal para- paradise that everyone has to discover! Oh summer pa, there’s definitely no reason for you to not visit this place! Let the photos mesmerize you!
Another unique thing about Calaguas Island is that there is room for fun activities such as trekking to the peak of the mountain beside the island. From there, you can witness a panorama view of the beauty of Calaguas Island that will mesmerize you beyond words. Worry not since the trekking is far from being difficult (and hassle.) You can even wear slippers since the trail is smooth and very easy. Yeay!
If allowed, a tour guide is not needed already. But as for us, we were provided by the agency a guide just for us to be safe.
You can also do an Island Hopping Activity to make your trip more fun! There will be an additional 100-200 pesos if ever. But as for us, the island itself is enough to enjoy ourselves, that we don’t need to avail an additional Island Hopping activity.
DIY Guide to Calaguas
How to commute?
Well, if you really want to commute and can endure the hassle-ness (and expenses) it will give you (well you want your alone time diba!) Here’s a DIY guide going to the place:
From Manila- Cubao or Pasay:
- Ride a bus bound to Bicol (or any bus bound to the South) and drop off in Daet, Camarines Norte
- Bus terminals: DLTB Co., Philtranco, Amihan, Superlines
- Travel time: 8-10 hours
- Travel fee: 550 PHP ONE WAY
- From Daet, ride a van bound to Paracale
- Note: If you’re riding the Superlines Terminal bound to Paracale, no need to ride a van.
- Travel time: 1-2 hours
- Travel fee: 60 PHP ONE WAY
- From Paracale, charter a boat to Mahabang Buhangin
- Boat fee (Good for 2 days):
- Small (GOOD FOR 6 pax): 2500 PHP- 3000 PHP
- Large (good for 8 pax): 3,000 PHP- 4,000 PHP
- Boat fee (Good for 2 days):
- From Daet, ride a passenger van bound for Paracale. (1 – 2 hours)
- You may skip the first step if you take the Superlines bus bound directly to Paracale/Panganiban. The port is walking distance from where Superlines bus drop off passengers.
- Charter a boat from Paracale to Mahabang Buhangin. (Approximately 2 hours)
- From Daet, hire a tricycle or ride a jeepney to reach the fish port. Travel time is roughly 30 minutes.
- Charter a boat from Vinzons to Mahabang Buhangin. (3 hours. Yes, longer than the boat ride from Paracale.)
- Contact: Boy Camano (+639085460683) / Kuya Nelson (+639095259821)
Where to stay?
There are several resorts in the area where you get to choose where to stay. I haven’t get to ask their contacts though 😦 You can contact the boatman provided above for recommendations.
Though, I also have a few recommendations based on my research (hehe):
- Low: Bert’s Calaguas Island Resort
- Entrance Fee: 100PHP/ Pax
- Tent (2-4 PAX): 300 -400PHP
- Nipa Hut: 500PHP
- High: Waling Waling Island Resort
- Email: email@example.com
- Mobile Number: +639151000000
Calaguas Island is definitely, without a doubt, a must visit paradise and deserve a slot in your bucket list. I SWEAR. Its beauty is just unexplainable that even this blog can’t put into words. Its really up to you to discover it. So what are you waiting for? YES TO ADVENTURES!
Special thanks to:
for this mermaid shell swimmies! I know guys, I’m secretly a mermaid :”> Shhhhh!
for my aura-able OOTD perfect for this suhhh-mer!!!