Known as Japan’s second largest metropolitan area, which is next to Tokyo, Osaka is home to astounding attractions and staggering culture. You will witness nothing but breathtaking skyscrapers with aesthetically amazing architectures, notable historical landmarks that are worthy of our appreciation, thrilling and fun activities that will take you off your feet, and not to mention their respectful culture, delightful food and developed system. There is definitely no reason for everyone to not visit this world-class city!
But what’s making all of us reluctant is the persona of Japan being an expensive country. Yes I agree on that. Japan is an expensive country. However, there are ways for you to prevent from outflowing a lot of money- and one of them is this clever card: Osaka Amazing Pass. Now I realize, traveling to Osaka wasn’t as tough on my wallet as I expected!
Pre Travel Guide
Where to book flights?
- Visit their websites regularly to see promos and discounts
- Like their Facebook Page to be updated on their ganaps. (You can also use the “See First” thing on their page to get a higher chance of knowing their promos.)
Do we need Japan Visa?
For Philippine Passport Holders, we are required to apply a Single OR Multiple Entry Visa in order for us to enter Japan. Personally speaking, applying for a Japan Visa is quite easy- all you have to do is submit all the requirements in an effective and efficient manner, and you’re good to go!
How to get around?
One amazing thing about Osaka City is it’s well- developed transportation system. They got the world’s best public transportation, and I couldn’t agree more. Every spot in this city is easily accessible. And the most amazing part here is that the Osaka Amazing Pass will take care of your transportation! Horay for free use of the subway, tramway, and bus system within the city!
Where to stay?
As a budget traveler, I always make it to the point that the accommodation I am checking in is budget-friendly and is close as possible to a public transportation. Gratefully, I found a perfect one!
- Name: Peace House Suzunami
- Budget: 1200 yen / night (540 PHP)
- Access: 3-minute walk away from Tennoji 600 m from Tsutenkaku.
- Access Osaka city from Kansai Airport : Nankai Line Aiport Express
- Wifi Connection is a MUST: 4g Wifi
- Traveling to more than ONE city in Japan: Get your JR Pass
- Discounted Osaka Tours and Activities: HERE
About Osaka Amazing Pass
Where to Book?
What’s more about KLOOK, is that it involves hassle free transactions wherein:
- Hassle Free booking (Check their site for proof 😉 )
- They incorporated instant booking through their site (Stress level = inexistent)
- Paperless e-tickets/ e-vouchers. (You can just show a screenshot of your voucher / ticket to redeem your card )
About the Pass:
- 2 Day Pass to 30 Top Attractions in Osaka, Japan (Osaka Castle Museum, Osaka Science Museum, the HEP FIVE Ferris Wheel, Umeda Sky Building Floating Garden Observatory, & more)
- Includes a 2 Day UNLIMITED use of the subway, tramway, and bus system within the city
- Plan your own Itinerary
- Entry is as simple as showing your pass, with no prior reservations needed
- Avail additional discounts in certain restaurants and stores
- Click here for a more detailed list of which sights are included with the pass
Step by Step Guide Itinerary
What’s really amazing about Osaka Amazing Pass is it covers a lot of worthy attractions that will definitely make your trip to Osaka a one-for-the-books experience! However, I have to be honest. As amazing as this pass seems, it will still be quite overwhelming for us with regards to fixing our Itinerary. Osaka Amazing Pass comprises 30+ attractions which are all over the city, hence it might be hard for us to organize everything. Moreover, we might also not take in all these attractions since the pass is only limited for 2 days. Well it all depends on the person’s phasing, actually.
Don’t worry, this post will *hopefully* make your life easier on fixing your itinerary. So here it goes:
Step 1: List down the places you want to visit under the OAP
(Refer to the last part on this post)
Step 2: Locate the places on the map. Organize your Itinerary per area.
(Refer to this document: Osaka Amazing Pass Guidebook )
As you can see, the attractions included in the pass are grouped per area: Minami Area, Kita Area, Tennoji Area, Osaka Castle Area & Bay Area. What I am suggesting is you organize your itinerary basing it on the areas. For example, for day 1, visit the places you prefer in the areas of Kita and Osaka Castle.
Osaka Castle Area
Places to Visit:
- Osaka Castle Museum
- Osaka Castle Nishinomaru Garden
- Important Cultural Property Osaka Castle Yagura (Turret)
- Sakuya Konohana Kan
- Osaka Museum of History
- Peace Osaka
- Entrepreneurial Museum of Challenge and Innovation
- Osaka Suijyo Bus Aqua-Liner
- Osaka Suijyo Bus Temmabashi Best View Cruise
- Okawa River Sakura Cruise
- Osaka-jo Gozabune Boat
Places to Visit:
- Nakanoshima River Cruise
- Umeda Sky Building Floating Garden Observatory
- HEP FIVE Ferris Wheel
- Natural Hot Spring Naniwa no Yu
- Osaka Museum of Housing and Living
- Osaka Science Museum
- The Museum of Oriental Ceramics, Osaka
- Umeda Joypolis Wild River
Places to Visit:
- Tsutenkaku Tower
- Shitennoji Temple
- Osaka City Museum of Fine Arts
- Oaka Tennoji Zoo
- Keitakuen Garden
PS: Photos above are random Osaka Photos- not specifically in Minami Area.
Places to Visit:
- Dotombori ZAZA
- Kamigata Ukiyoe Museum
- Japan Night Walk Tour
- Tombori River Cruise
- Tombori River JAZZ Boat
PS: Photos above are random Osaka Photos- not specifically in the Bay Area.
- Tempozan Giant Ferris Wheel
- Captain Line
- Cruise Ship Santa Maria Day Cruise
- Cruise Ship Santa Maria Twilight
- Osaka Prefectural Government Sakishima Building Observatory
- LEGOLAND® 37 Discovery Center Osaka
How much did you Save?
Availing the Osaka Amazing Pass, will totally save you money- up to 10,000 PHP! Let’s see if it’s real 😉
PS: Those highlighted in yellow are my personal recommendations that you should not miss during your trip to Osaka!
If you’re really eager to visit all the activities offered by the Osaka Amazing Pass, you’ll amazingly save 10,020 PHP++ your transportation expenses (since OAP also covers free use of the subway, tramway, and bus system.) Can’t you believe this?! Your expenses supposed to be 11, 525 PHP (25,600 Yen) for the activities plus your transportation expenses, and yet you only paid for 1,500 pesos?! This is insane! So what are you waiting for? BOOK NOW!!!