I am more than just a public image you always see on your news feed. This time, I want you to see a deeper side of Colleen. And here are 50 questions to make that happen!
1. What is your favorite book?
The Alchemist -Paulo Coelho: challenges me to REALLY follow my dreams. There’s this quote from this book that totally moved me: “Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams.”
2. Does your job make you happy?
In some point yes. In some point no. There are several times that I felt tired and unhappy. But I just have to learn to have that right perspective to get me through the struggles my job brings me.
3. What did you want to be when you were younger?
Back during grade school, I wanted to be an artist; graphic designer, or anything related to art. Then high school came, my dream job switched to becoming an accountant, like my dad! He’s the MAN!
4. Why did your last relationship end?
We had different interests, different personalities, different dreams in life, basta sobrang iba NA kami. We had two different paths, and things wouldn’t just work out anymore. Naniniwala ako na when you truly love each other, you will accept that person no matter what. Pero wala eh, people have limitations. Napagod na din siguro
5. What’s been your biggest mistakes so far in life and what did you learn?
I didn’t truly value my time or the opportunities it afforded me: I was stuck in a box and focused only on the things in front of me. Little did I know, there was so much more to learn and discover in this world. Hindi ko lang talaga pinansin.
6. Where is your favorite place in the entire world to go?
I don’t know. I don’t have any specific place as my favorite. One thing I’m sure of, I want to be everywhere. Travel dito, travel doon. I don’t want to be stucked in one place. Yep, wandering feet-that’s what I can describe myself!
7. What is your top five favorite movies?
Not a movie person though. Pero I love Transformers and Fast and Furious. Ewan, cars in action are interesting. (Sorry top 2 lang sila)
8. What are some of your favorite songs?
- Perfect – Ed Sheeran (Fighting against all odds, I know we’ll be alright this time. Darling, just hold my hand, be my girl, I’ll be your man. I see my future in your eyes)
- Exploration No. 5 – Reese Lansangan (I think I like long conversations, Amusing observations. It’s the single best combination for me. Let’s talk about the deep and endless ocean. Hey, what’s your favourite crustacean? We can go on and on until we fall asleep)
- Adventures of a Lifetime – Coldplay (Everything you want’s a dream away. And we are legends every day)
- Ours- Taylor Swift (And life makes love look hard; The stakes are high, the waters rough,but this love is ours)
9. What qualities do you admire about your parents?
Their UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. I love you mama & papa! I owe you my life.
10. How would you describe your best friend?
LOKA LOKA (like me.)
11. What’s your favorite hobby to do alone?
Tumulala. Joke. Tulog? Joke. Blogging? Study? Hahaha i don’t know probably read inspirational articles.
12. What’s something you can’t go a day without doing?
Listen to music. From the moment I wake up until the moment my eyes will close to sleep, there is always music in my ears. Ang dull kasi pag wala
13. What’s the most spontaneous thing you’ve done lately?
November month is def a sponty month. I was so stressed with work, I randomly booked 3 flights for this month. One flight required a visa, thus I applied one. The release date of our visa is the exact date of our flight din. So yeah we took that risk and YOLO-ed. We weren’t also prepared for this trip: physically and financially. Pero bahala na haha (Shoutout to @JamieGotuato (IG) for being my sponty + travel buddy this Nov!)
14. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done for love?
Generally speaking: Anything for love, that’s what I always say. I’ve gone to the end of the earth and back for someone I truly love. Been a giver and a sacrificer with all my heart and soul: scraped my savings, dedicated my dreams for him, compromised, sacrificed happiness, gave up my whole soul for the person who’s half heartedly love me for who I truly am. What’s crazy about it? Yung binigay mo lahat, kahit wala kang tinira sa sarili mo. And now you’re left
15. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Balahibo in the face: balbas, bigote hahaha
16. Why do you think you’re still single?
I am single because I don’t believe in the saying that we must look for someone who can complete us. Naniniwala ako na we commit into a relationship not for the longing of completeness but because we want to share OUR completeness with someone who is complete enough. Therefore, I am single because I am still on the verge of being complete enough. ++ I’m PRAYING for the right person to come at the right time.
- What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Being a Certified Public Accountant and at the same time a Certified Passionate Adventurer (oh ipinilit ang CPA hahaha.) But yeah, I’m so grateful that I get to discover my true love: TRAVELING.
- What is one dream you have yet to accomplish?
To travel the WORLD and inspire MORE people
- What is your greatest fear?
To lose my family. They are MY LIFE.
- What are three things you value most about a person?
Their Sincerity, Passion and Genuine Love.
21. Who are the people you are closest with?
My mom and Angelica Juarez (My SDBFF.)
22. What is the greatest struggle you’ve overcome?
I was lost with life before. Di ko alam kung ano ba talaga gusto ko sa buhay. And then I found traveling which became my ultimate passion
23. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
New Zealand!!!!!!! With no doubt.
- What’s the most exciting thing that’s happened this past year?
Traveled to 14 foreign destinations in 11 months
- What’s your favorite beer?
Beer Brand hahahaha
- What’s one thing that bothers you most about the world today?
- Who are you closer with your mom or your dad?
Mom. I’m super clingy with my mom.
- If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
To learn to let go the things I need to. I have this struggle of being so hopeful on everything that matters to me even though things won’t work anymore –in all ways. Kaya I always end up shattered. DRAMA
- If you could change one thing about the world what would it be?
The world being so selfish / self-centered.
- Who was your favorite teacher and why?
Ummm, di ko sure beshy
- What sport did you fall in love with?
Was into Badminton way back highschool. Not a sporty person na nowadays
- What is the weirdest thing about you?
I FART ANYWHERE!! (Pero syempre nagpapaalam ako hehe dont worry)
- What was your longest relationship?
- What would your best friend say is your best quality?
Maganda daw like her!!! Told you loka loka siya!!
- Who is your favorite historical figure?
“Believe you can, and you’re halfway there.” “It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things.”
36. What made you choose the college you went to?
My dream course was Accountancy. And the college I chose was one of the best college offering this course
- If you could tell your former self one thing right now what would it be?
It’s okay to be lost. I am still proud of you!
- What food could you not live without?
- Dogs or Cats?
- What’s closest you’ve ever come to being arrested?
Not sure hahaha good girl ako eh chos
- What was your best birthday?
18th! All my loved ones were present back then
- What’s one thing you wish you knew how to do?
Magmahal nang di nasasaktan. JOKE. To probably take my 20s seriously; as of the moment I’m in a stage na bahala na, ganon. But it shouldn’t be that way. I have to prepare living the life I want. I have to work on it diligently. Cause dude, I don’t have that enough years to waste and just throw them off.
- Where’s one place you’d like to go that you haven’t been?
Iceland!!!!! My Top 1 in my bucket list
- What was the last book you read? And When?
Launch Your Dream by Dale Partridge, just a couple of days ago. Haven’t finished it yet
- Where do you usually get your news?
- What are some of your own personal goals in the next 5 years?
- Travel to more countries: specifically in the Europe & Asia side muna
- Have my own business
- Have my own house
- To be more than what I am today (e.g: To have a permanent impact on the world)
- Meet the love of my life (for real)
- What would you consider your greatest accomplishment so far?
Reached a lot of people and inspired them to step out of their comfort zone and pursue the things they love (e.g traveling)
- If you could get away with anything that you do?
Escape my day job and fly somewhere without paying anything (like patakas and panakaw lol)
- Who is your greatest hero?
Jesus Christ- who sacrificed His life for us
- What’s the greatest risk you’ve ever taken?
So far, the greatest one is when I turned my hobbies into a career; made a name for myself by doing something that I love. (As of now Im still in the safe zone part of my life, so yeah the best is yet to come!