Here’s to heart-catching emerald green waters, calming white, pure sands, fresh air, blue skies, and oh! the perfect awe-inspiring limestone cliffs. This is something that will get you off your feet in just a heartbeat! Yes, HELLO EL NIDO AND PUERTO PRINSESA!
PS: This is a warning. You might get attached with this dreamland, just like I did.
Yep, it was one freaking weekend where my world is away from my laptop and office papers: from my meetings and appointments, from my responsibilities. It is my time to let go of my hustle and bustle life and live life to the fullest. Well, I think I deserve it. Hence, I flew to Puerto Prinsesa to explore this paradise and El Nido as well. Yep, I only did it over the weekend. It’s possible!
Pre Travel Guide
Where to book flights?
It was a random day when I booked a flight to PPS through Traveloka mobile app! It was a smooth booking with absolutely no hassle. What’s more is that:
- You get to have an overview of the cheapest flight per day & per month already buy just keying in your destination in the search bar in the home page.
- They also offer weekly promos for more discounts!
- Prices shown in the results are FINAL PRICES already. Meaning, it already includes taxes- which are typically not shown in some booking platforms.
Where to get cheap tours?
Based on my experience, I highly recommend you to book discounted tours for your trip in Palawan from KLOOK to enjoy a hassle-free way of exploring the islands. Doing the DIY way might be hassle for you- your vacation has to be the most relaxing as possible, hence, booking a tour is better. Don’t worry, as most of my suggested tours from KLOOK are reasonable and are within the fair market value + of course, has your money’s worth!
- Underground River Day Tour; 1,740PHP
- Honda Bay Island Hopping Tour; 1,400PHP
- 3-in-1 Puerto Princesa Sabang Adventure Package; 3,000PHP
How to get around?
Getting around Puerto Prinsesa and El Nido is never a hassle. There are several means of transportation around the island that will let you get from Point A to Point B. What’s awesome about these transportation is that it will not cost you a lot, and at the same time will give you that probinsya or island life vibe while riding the vehicle!
How to get to PPS town from Airport:
- Ride an airport tricycle: 50PHP
How to get to El Nido from PPS (and vice versa:)
- Ride a van or a local bus bound to El Nido.
- Usually, accommodations in PPS & El Nido can book you a van and let you be picked up right at your doorstep.
- Cost: 500PHP ; Travel time: 5-6 hours.
Locat Transportation around Puerto Prinsesa and El Nido:
- Tricycle: These are the main mode of transportation around the towns of Puerto Prinsesa and El Nido: Cost is at 50-150 PHP / PAX if you’re going from Point A to Point B within the town.
- Tricycle for Hire: 750PHP/ Day
- Rent A Motorbike: Starts at 500 PHP + Gas
- Rent a Bike: 400PHP /Day
- Hire A Boat: If you’re doing a Do-it-yourself tour around the islands of Puerto Prinsesa and El Nido, you can hire a boat for the island hopping tour easily.
Where to stay?
I highly suggest you to book an accommodation in Puerto Prinsesa and El Nido, where everything is accessible (e.g. restaurants, souvenir shops, etc.) There are plenty of accommodations available around these towns: from hostels to high-end ones, from accommodations with a pool in it, or those nearby the main road, anything!
As a budget traveler, I personally recommend you to book in one of the cheapest hotel in both PPS & El Nido:
- Name of Accommodation: Tres Pension House; 3 Star Hotel
- Rate: 930PHP/ 2PAX
- Puerto Princesa International Airport (PPS) (1.11 km)
- Adventist Hospital Palawan (1.32 km)
- Ka Lui Restaurant (1.81 km)
- Palawan Museum (2.57 km)
- Name of Accommodation: Garnet Hotel El Nido
- Rate: 1500PHP/ 2PAX
- Parish of St Francis of Assisi (0.15 km)
- El Nido Dock (0.20 km)
- El Nido Municipal Hall (0.27 km)
- Canopy Walk (0.41 km)
3D / 2N DAYS SUGGESTED ITINERARY
The paradises of Puerto Prinsesa and El Nido are unfathomably beautiful. Its friable, powder-like sand will definitely put you in tranquility the moment your feet touches the ground. Serenity will conquer you as its pellucid, cool waters caress your skin and trounce your sight. Equanimity will define your sensation as you witness how alluring the natural resources around the island are. Ahhhhh, this is absolutely a paradise.
Since we only have the weekend to spare, we make sure our trip is fully maximized. We carefully planned it out and chose Klook to ensure quality service!
DAY 1 – Puerto Prinsesa Arrival; Check in
We safely arrived the town of Puerto Prinsesa and immediately proceeded to our hotel to check in. We also tried the famous Kalui Restaurant where you eat with your shoes off.
DAY 2- Puerto Prinsesa Honda Bay Island Hopping
Puerto Prinsesa is not just known for its famous Undeground River. It is also home for amazing beaches and landscapes. Hence, for a day in this paradise, we opt to do the Honday Bay Island Hopping Tour where we explored 3 stunning islands: Luli Island, Cowrie Island and Starfish Island.
- 7:00am hotel pick up
- Luli Island
- Cowrie Island
- Picnic lunch in Cowrie Island
- Starfish Island
- Approximately 2:00pm hotel drop off
To Book this tour: Honda Bay Island Hopping Tour
DAY 3 – El Nido Tour A Island Hopping
Since we only have a day in El Nido, we booked the tour that is generally the most recommended one: The Tour A Island Hopping Activity. Here we explored the clear waters of Miniloc Island, where found three breathtaking lagoons, soaked up the sun and relax on the white sand beaches of Shimizu island, and snorkeled in the pristine waters of Seven Commando beach.
- 9:00am hotel pick up
- Small lagoon
- Big lagoon
- Hidden lagoon
- 12:00pm lunch
- Shimizu Island
- 7 Commando Beach
- 3:00pm end of tour
- 3:20pm hotel drop off
To Book this tour: El Nido Tour A
- Puerto Prinsesa: 930PHP/ 2 PAX = 465PHP/ PAX
- El Nido: 1500PHP/ 2 PAX = 750 PHP/ PAX
- RT Van transfer from/ to PPS and El Nido: 1000 PHP
- Day 1: 200PHP
- Day 2: Breakfast: Free cc: Hotel /// Lunch: Free cc: Tour /// Dinner: 150PHP
- Day 3: Breakfast: 60PHP /// Lunch: Free cc: Tour /// Dinner: 100PHP
- Puerto Prinsesa: 1400PHP
- El Nido: 900PHP
- RT Airport Transfer from/to Airport and PPS Town: 100PHP