Halloween is already right around the corner! What better way to celebrate this than enjoying a day in one of the happiest place on earth, Ocean Park, Hong Kong! This time, it’s going to be the happiest AND the scariest as Ocean Park is having their ultimate Halloween Fest offering everyone a frightful fun this season!
Ocean Park Halloween Fest 2018
Happening this October 5 to October 31, 2018 (on selected dates), Ocean Park Hong Kong is hosting Asia’s biggest Halloween celebration and will definitely sweep your feet off the ground the moment you experience this grand event! It features 13 new unique Halloween attractions from family-friendly ones to frightening ones- just the right ones to provide you the fun-scary experience you need. The theme park also is having their first ever collaboration with Sanrio offering you the most adorable characters like Kuromi, Little Twin Stars, Hello Kitty and many more, wearing the cutest Halloween costumes! Moreover, the park also equipped some of their attractions with AR and VR technology that will bring you to a scary immersive experience of a lifetime. They also have transformed their meals into scary-themed ones!
What’s more is that the whole theme park is festooned with vibrant colors of yellow and orange and are decked with a whole heap of pumpkins! As you stroll around the park, you can also spot various characters dressed up in Halloween costumes ready to greet you along the way. Halloween Sanrio characters are also set on their own spots and are open for photo-taking and/or giving a big teddy bear hug!
Pre Travel Guide
When is this happening:
Ocean Park Halloween Fest starts on October 5, 2018 and ends at October 31, 2018. Park opens at 10:00AM to 11:00PM, but most of the Halloween Fest attractions opens at 1:00PM. Also, do note that Halloween Fest is not an everyday event and will only take place on selected dates:
Event dates is at 5-7, 12-14, 17-21, 25-28, 31 of October 2018.
Where to get tickets?
Before anything else, I am happily and proudly sharing you a secret / travel hack that we just discovered before going to Hong Kong:
Isn’t this amazing? Who wouldn’t love a DISCOUNT from Klook?! Yeay!! *tears in joy* Here in KLOOK, you can already experience the fun Ocean Park can bring you, and it’s at a cost for less. What’s more is that it doesn’t just offer discounted tickets but also has this advantage from the others wherein you can skip long lines from the entrance- just walk past the long queues for tickets, and you’re good to go! It’s incredible, right?!
Book your tickets here: H E R E.
Other Alternative: General admission tickets are also available at the following locations:
- Ocean Park Main Entrance
- All 7-Eleven stores in Hong Kong
- Ocean Park Online Ticketing System
Kinds of Tickets:
During Ocean Park‘s Halloween Fest, they are offering two kinds of admission ticket: the Standard Admission Ticket and the Premium Admission Ticket.
Standard Admission Ticket
Premium Admission Ticket
|Price:||Adult: 480 HKD; Child: 240 HKD||Adult: 860 HKD; Child: 430 HKD|
|Full Day Access; Unlimited Rides||
|Unlimited priority access to all haunted houses (Except Sanrio characters HELLO-ween Party, Sanrio characters HELLO-ween Meet & Greet, SAMSUNG GEAR VR presents Halloween Mine Train, VR Morgue and Elope from Hell show.)||
|Priority access to Sanrio characters HELLO-ween Party||
|Priority access to SAMSUNG GEAR VR presents Halloween Mine Train||
|Priority to watch the Elope from Hell show.||
|Priority access to selected attractions with Ocean FasTrack (7) (See note below)||
|Freebies (A Sanrio characters limited-edition foldable travel bag, A free soy sauce braised chicken drumstick , HK$50 Sanrio characters merchandise cash coupon, K$30 discount coupon upon purchases worth over HK$80 at food kiosks, Buy HK$50 get HK$50 free” game booth coupon )||
Note: Ocean FasTrack (7) Attractions choices (Pick 7 below):
- Cable Car Waterfront Station (Single Trip)
- Cable Car Submit Station (Single Trip)
- Ocean Express Waterfront Station (Single Trip)
- Ocean Express Submit Station (Single Trip)
- The Grand Aquarium
- South Pole Spectacular
- Shark Mystique
- The Rapids
- The Dragon
- Arctic Blast
- Hair Raiser
- Ferris Wheel
- Raging River
Moreover, KLOOK has discounted package deals that can let you save cost:
- Admission + Kiosk Set Meal: 3082PHP
- Admission + Meal (Restaurant): 3500PHP
- Admission + Ocean Fastrack: 4700PHP
- And many more! Check:
- Book your tickets here: H E R E.
How to get there?
- Operating Hours:
Monday – Friday: 10am – 7pm ; Saturday, Sunday: 10am – 9pm
- Note: Operating hours may differ during the special holidays, so make sure to check its schedule beforehand.
- Tip: To maximize the theme park’s attractions, be the first ones to enter the park by arriving in the area before 10:00AM.
- How to go to Ocean Park?
Whether you are into thrilling and scary experiences or you prefer the laid-back ones, Ocean Park has something perfect for you! Ranging from “Scary Attractions” to “Family Attractions,” the park boasts attractions that will give you an ultimate haunted experience. With its uniquely themed haunted houses, family friendly activities, equipped interactive elements and its collaboration with Sanrio, there’s no doubt this Halloween Fest will be your next best Halloween party!
Family Friendly Attractions
“It’s HELLO-ween!” As an event in collaboration with Sanrio, Ocean Park has its exclusive cutest hosts: Hello Kitty, Kuromi, Pompompurin, Little Twin Stars, Cinnamoroll, gudetama and Bad Badtz-Maru dressed up in the “HELLO-ween” costume! You’ll get a chance to meet these cutie patooties while enjoying Ocean Park’s exclusive Halloween Family friendly attractions:
- Sanrio characters HELLO-ween Party: You wouldn’t want to miss this interactive game! It’s a treasure hunting-kind of game where you will locate, not the treasures, but the Sanrio characters as they were trapped in a mysterious forest, In order for you to locate them, you have to use the magic map (an ipad) and overcome challenges, which is ultra fun!
- Sanrio characters Trick-or-Treat Trail: From the name itself, it’s a a trick-or-treat experience where to have to undergo fun game missions to win candies! There are also fun photo spots located in some corners, plus you might also be lucky to spot some of the Sanrio characters around!
This calls for an exciting scare! These uniquely themed haunted houses are the adventures you need to have a truly extremely spooky Halloween celebration! The most advanced technology are installed to bring out an extreme interactive, hyper-reality multimedia experience. Guests are as if transported to real horror habitations.
- X-Dimension: A totally immersive and interactive experience where guests are first required to put on 3D glasses and are being put into a visually-shocking vortex of technology that interacts with them in all directions. They will, then, be trapped in a virtual digital realm and are being chased by humanoid robots.
- Halloween Mine Train: A rollercoaster and a VR experience all in one ride. Guests are given VR headsets that are used to provide a three-dimensional environment where they will be taken to graveyards and abandoned towns where their mission as hunters of monsters starts.
Of course, Halloween will not be complete without an upgrade to its meals! Its haunted and stunning attractions wouldn’t be complete without an equally haunted and stunning-looking menus. From appetisers to desserts, every meal is just perfect to have an unforgettable food journey with Ocean Park!
- Halloween Set Menu (At Cafe Ocean): featuring terrifying dishes such as “Window to the Soul” Red Kidney Beans with Potato and Lychee Salad, “Ghastly Bile” Asparagus Gazpacho, “Amputated Limb” Roasted Chicken and Vegetables with Bacon Roulade, a “Fresh Brain” Steamed Egg White with Seafood and Beetroot, and the special mocktail Demon’s Tears.
- Be one of the earliest to arrive. Be at the gate before the park opens. Once you enter the park, head straight to the cable car or express train to transfer you to The Summit, which is the other side of Ocean Park
- Walking around the park may sometimes be fatiguing especially if you’re under the scorching sun. So make sure you bring your own umbrella and a water bottle to keep you hydrated at all times.
Ocean Park Guide:
Here’s a more comprehensive guide in touring around Ocean Park Hong Kong.