Thank goodness 2018 has come to an end. This year passed by too quick and honestly speaking, 2018 is absolutely not my year. Let’s just say this year has been the most emotionally and spiritually challenging phase of my 23 years of living. But throughout this roller coaster of a year, I am looking back with a grateful heart as this year has made me a better and stronger person ready for any challenges I may face for the next years of my life.
Let me give you a recap of the past 2 years of my life:
Year 2016: WHERE IT ALL STARTED.
CPA x Travel Blogger
- Jan 2016- Started reviewing for CPA Board Exam (It was a tough month!!)
- Feb 2016- Graduated with Honors @ De La Salle University, MNL as a BS Accountancy student 🎓❤️
- March 2016- First DIY Backpacking experience in Cebu (I was so proud of myself huhu)
- May 2016- PASSED THE CPA BOARD EXAM! (NAKAKAIYAK!! :(((( )
- June 2016- Officially a Full Pledged Certified Public Accountant
- June 2016- Started my Travel Life!!! Traveled to 23 provinces for a span of 6 months!
- Aug 2016- Started my blogging career. Started my website @ www.colololz.com
- Sept 2016- Started my Facebook Page @ Colz Vidal
- Oct 2016- BEST MONTH THIS 2016- I’ve been traveling to anywhere almost everyday!!!
- Dec 2016- Started work at SGV & Co. (This was my dream company ever since! :’) )
Year 2017: Living the Corporate AND Travel life!
As a 22 year old full time CPA Auditor, I get to tick off 18 foreign destinations, and 24 domestic ones ✈️✨
▪️ Taipei, Taiwan
▪️ Hong Kong
▪️ Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
▪️ Bangkok, Thailand
▪️ Pattaya, Thailand
▪️ Chiang Mai, Thailand
▪️ Siem Reap, Cambodia
▪️ Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
▪️ Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
▪️ Osaka, Japan
▪️ Tokyo, Japan
▪️ Seoul, Korea
▪️ Bali, Indonesia
▪️ Okinawa, Japan
▪️ Domestic: Antique, Kalibo, Caticlan, Siargao, Iloilo, Ifugao, Guimaras, Leyte, Biliran, Rizal, Batangas, Zambales, Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, Pangasinan, Cavite, Rizal, Siquijor, Dumaguete, Davao, Bulacan, Quezon, Mountain Province, etc.
Then, here comes 2018:
Nope, 2018 isn’t a year filled with new destinations ticked off. It’s definitely not a year filled with achievements and accomplishments. In fact, 2018 is a mess, a beautiful mess:
- Quit my Auditing job
- (Temporarily) Left my CPA Career
- Got lost and emotionally vulnerable (AS IN SOBRA)
- Moved to Bacolod (from Manila) away from my family and friends for the first half of the year
- Moved back to Manila and lived independently in a place away from home
- Learned how to be a real adult (struggle, pramis!)
- Doubted myself and my potential (was afraid to take risks)
- Made a lot of immature decisions
- Basically, 2018 was the year of hard times, disappointment, and heartbreak.
But, of course,
- My passion for traveling didn’t stop me on exploring the world- I traveled to countless places/ countries like Dubai, Phuket, Daejeon, Seoul, Bangkok, Cambodia, Hong Kong, Siquijor, Cebu, Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Romblon, Coron, El Nido, Puerto Prinsesa, Zamboanga, Guimaras, Siargao, Bacolod, Tarlac, La Union, Baler, and a lot more!
- I met a lot of incredible people with the most amazing souls!!!
- Realized that I UNQUESTIONABLY need the Lord in my life!!!!!!!!
Ultimately, 2018 was not easy. It was rough. This year was hard in so many ways- it had more downs than ups; more heartbreaks than I expected; it is the year life tried to break me into pieces. It wasn’t the year I hoped for. Pero alam niyo ba, I AM STILL SO GRATEFUL FOR THIS YEAR. NAPAKA-THANKFUL ko for everything that had happened to me. Sa bawat iyak at sakit, na kahit nakakasawa na, andiyan yung Colz Vidal na patuloy na lumalaban. I still rose above and became more of who I am. I gave myself permission to breakdown and fall apart countless of times. But at the end of the day, I gained strength in the shattering process of my soul, and I gained strength in the rebuilding of it.
As I bid goodbye to my 2018, I would like to say goodbye to the struggles and hardships I faced. This was a year of growth and self development. 2018 was the year I realized I am strong and independent. So before 2018 leaves us, let me just say how grateful I am for all the lessons I’ve learned.
Life is full of surprises and life is a gift. Here’s to 2018, here’s to you, here’s to all of us. Thank you for a wonderful year. Goodbye 2018.
2018 PLOT TWIST:
After the moments of frustration and feeling of inadequacy, the times when I thought that it is easier to run back to the corporate job I left, times when I question and doubt myself, and wonder if it’s worth it to sacrifice happiness in order to gain meaning, I am nearly achieving my dream. Hello to Colz Travel – an output of my personal passion and purpose. It will be launched VERY SOON. And I hope I will have you guys with me on this new journey!
I promise, through Colz Travel I will go the extra mile for you.
HAPPY NEW YEAR, beautiful souls!