Summer is just around the corner and there is no better way to take advantage of the summer heat than hitting the most iconic and one of the largest water parks in Asia! Last week, I was able to try out the wonderful and thrilling attractions at Aqua Planet in Clark, Pampanga and the experience was truly one for the books. It is nothing like your usual swimming resort. There is a variety of pools and rides to choose from that will make your visit the ultimate summer adventure! At Aqua Planet, you will experience the most exciting and blood pumping water slides and attractions!
In this post, I will share with you the twists and turns in the water park to give you an overview of how everything is from the inside. I will also give out some tips so you can make the best out of your visit!
About Aqua Planet
Located in Clark Freeport Zone, Pampanga, Aqua Planet is the newest and biggest water theme park that offers state-of-the-art 38 water rides and attractions. It features exciting slides which are perfect for thrill-seekers who are looking for a unique adventure this summer! Spending a day at Aqua Planet will surely give you an experience of a lifetime filled with fun, excitement, and a whole new level of adrenaline rush!
Pre Travel Guide
Where to book tickets?
To enjoy a hassle-free booking, I highly recommend that you book your tickets in advance via Klook. They are the only online ticket partner of Aqua Planet. In fact, they offer the cheapest price guaranteed! This means you get to have the VIP treatment at the most affordable price!
Moreover, the best thing about purchasing through Klook is that you can skip the long lines! Klook has exclusive lanes especially for those who availed tickets through Klook. The water park tends to be jampacked during peak season, so it is best to book with Klook to save a lot of time and money. Klook provides guaranteed slots and priority lines for discounted rates!
- Walk In
- You may also purchase your tickets directly at the main entrance. However, the admission ticket fees at their regular prices.
- If you are interested to book for large groups, you may inquire at their website. Simply go here: https://www.aquaplanet.ph/corporate-sales and input the necessary information.
- WEEKDAY RATES
- Slide and Soak (4 ft. and above): 950 PHP
- Drop and Splash (below 4 ft.): 750 PHP
- WEEKEND RATES
- Slide and Soak (4 ft. and above): 1180 PHP
- Drop and Splash (below 4 ft.): 980 PHP
- Bubblies Cabana: 3,000 PHP (good for 15 people)
- Beach Cabana: 3,500 PHP (good for 15 people)
- Palmera and Island Cabana: 5,000 PHP (good for 25 people)
- TABLES AND CHAIRS: FREE
- LOCKERS: 200 PHP (whole day)
At the main entrance, you will be given an RFID wristband. This will serve as your pass to all the attractions. In addition, Aqua Planet boasts of its cashless transactions, so you will also use the wristband to buy food or purchase souvenirs inside the water park. You may load at the Refill/Refund Station near the main entrance. If you were not able to use everything up in your RFID wristband, you may refund your money before you go. How awesome is that! This saves us from the hassle and worry of carrying around bulky purses and wallets. You can just focus on exploring and enjoying the water park more! And anytime you need to purchase something, all you need to do is tap your wristband!
When to visit?
- Summer: While the water park is open all year round, swimming is most enjoyable during summer. However, it is most definitely packed with people during summer, so I advise that you opt for the off-peak season. Just be mindful of the weather in case you decide to go during rainy season. Always make sure that it is safe to travel or not.
- Weekdays: If you have free time on weekdays, go on a weekday to fully maximize your visit without having to endure the large crowds as Aqua Planet tends to be jam-packed on weekends.
- In the end, it still depends on your preference. I will just reiterate how large crowds can affect your visit because the more people there are, the longer you have to wait in line for the attractions. So, you might want to consider going on days which are more likely off-peak.
How to get there?
- By Commute:
- Board a bus in Pasay or Cubao. Tell the conductor to drop you off at Dau-Mabalacat. Travel time is about 2 hours depending on the traffic. The fare costs about 150 Php per head. From the terminal, ride a jeep to Bayanihan Terminal for 9 Php. It will take you less than 10 minutes to get there. Then, ride the Blue Jeep with the Aqua Planet Logo.
- From Trinoma, take the P2P bus to SM Clark. The fare is 200 Php and travel time will take about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Walk to the Bayanihan Terminal then ride the Blue Jeep with the Aqua Planet logo.
- By Private Car:
- Use navigation apps like Google Maps or Waze.
What to bring
Here is a list of essentials that you should have with you when you visit Aqua Planet:
- Underwater camera
- Extra clothes
What not to bring
Meanwhile, here is a list of things that are prohibited inside the water park:
- Outside food and drinks
- Cigarettes and/or e-cigarettes
- Toy guns
- Drugs or other illegal substances
- Tables, chairs, umbrellas
How to make your visit worthwhile?
Aqua Planet is a massive water park. Aside from the fact that the place is always packed with large crowds, you can actually get lost in the enormity of Aqua Planet. In order to maximize your time well, it is helpful that you already know which route to take.
My number one tip is to learn about the attractions ahead of time so you would know which are the ones that you will be interested in. Once you are aware of how the slides and attractions are arranged by areas, you will notice that it is actually possible to roam around the whole water park by wisely following your pre-planned route.
I personally divided the waterpark into four equally exciting areas. I will describe what you can expect from each to help you decide which one will be the most enjoyable for you.
The first area consists of the Octopus Racers, Flow Rider, and the Kiddie Zone—which also has its sub areas mainly the Mermaid Bay, Orc Lagoon, and Bubble Base. Octopus Racers are tubular slides which eventually opens up towards the middle of the ride. There are six slides which you can simultaneously use with your friends to see who reaches the water first! It’s so fun! You may also ride the artificial waves at the Flow Rider! If you have children with you, make sure to bring them to the Bubble Base which is the first kiddie wave pool in the country! There are different kinds of waves which they will surely find enjoyable!
- Attractions: Octopus Racers, Flow Rider, Kiddie Zone (Mermaid Bay, Orc Lagoon, Bubble Base
- My favorite: Octopus Racers! I love the thrill of gliding down an enclosed slide at first, only to slide down further an open part towards the end! It is also more fun to be doing this simultaneously with your friends, as you will never know who goes down first!
This area comprises of the Wave River—which is perfect for those who just want to chill and be carried around by artificial tides; Hurricane—which is an exhilarating slide that goes through a series of twists and curves; and the Boogie Bay—where you can try bodyboarding!
- Attractions: Wave River, Hurricane, Boogie Bay
- My favorite: I loved Hurricane the most! It is certainly not for the faint-hearted. Every twist and turn is truly unexpected!
This is my most favorite area. It has all the fun-filled and thrilling attractions! First things first, ride the waves and enjoy eight different kinds of waves that Aqua Planet offers. Then, head straight to the Super Bowl and prepare to spin around along with your friends! The Sky Shuttle, on the other hand, is also one of the most exciting rides in the water park as it will toss you into the air and pull back down in a matter of seconds. True to its name, the Tornado will send you spinning and turning as if you are caught in the middle of an actual tornado.
- Attractions: Wave Pool, Super Bowl, Sky Shuttle, Tornado
- My favorite: I love how the Tornado and Super Bowl sent me screaming and hanging on to my dear life! If you are a thrill-seeker, you should definitely not miss these two rides in particular!
Cap off your water park adventure by spiraling down the loops and turns of the Spiral Slide and brave the Aqua Loop which will begin at the terrifying yet exciting trapdoor experience before you fall 100 meters into a 360-degree loop.
- Attractions: Aqua Loop, Spiral Slide
- My favorite: One of the rides that you should also try is the Spiral Slides! It is not your typical slide which just normally goes straight downward. This one is definitely more for the adrenaline junkies out there!
Shops and restaurants
The water park has a shopping boutique called Aqua Market where you can shop for Aqua Planet merchandise and all sorts of souvenirs. In case you have forgotten to bring something, you may check out the Bubble Shop and they might have what you need. When it comes to the food, there are a number of food outlets scattered around the entire water park which makes snacks and meals very accessible wherever you may be. I think the items in the shops are affordable and there are a lot of options to choose from. Everything is bright and colorful which I really love! When it comes to food, the choices are delicious enough to fill your empty tummies! We ordered Sisig and Beef Caldereta and I loved it! It’s just what you need after a whole day of exhausting water adventures. There are food outlets located in each of the four areas that I mentioned. They are very noticeable and easily accessible. The price of regular meals costs around 100 PHP to 250 PHP per person. If you want to share snacks for the group, you may also do so. A pizza costs around 500 PHP.
- Where to book: Klook
- Operating hours: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Website: www.aquaplanet.ph
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact number: +63456498500
- Social Media: Facebook | Instagram
In general, I truly enjoyed my quick yet wonderful visit to Aqua Planet! The pools and slides are world-class and the facilities and well-maintained. The entrance fee is so worth it. I had such a great time and I’m sure you will, too! If you haven’t got any plans for summer yet, do not forget to put Aqua Planet on your list!