Whenever I think of which Asian destination to travel to, Taiwan easily comes to mind. Taiwan is one of the most visited countries in Asia as it is very accessible with just 1.5 hours worth of flight from Manila.
Aside from that, airfare is relatively affordable and the visa-free policy for Filipinos has been extended for another year since last July. Exploring Taiwan is also very budget-friendly. The food is reasonably priced, modes of transportation are convenient, and the attractions require little to no entrance fee. But among all of these factors and considerations, it may surprise you how the accommodations in Taiwan are generally comfortable and affordable at the same time!
With all of these things and more, I’m hoping you’ll consider exploring Taiwan soon! It has so much to offer–ranging from delicious cuisines to unique destinations. So if you’re all about that jazz, make sure to read through this entire article!
Whichever type of traveler you are–whether you’re traveling solo, as a family or as a couple–there is something in store for you. You can be a budget type of traveler or someone who prefers luxury hotels, but as long as you’re keen to explore the wonders of Taiwan, you’re good to go!
We went on a five day trip to Taiwan with AKtour where we got to experience three different hotels. What can I say, it was such an awesome 5-day staycation! The weather in Taiwan was a bit gloomy when we were there, but we still had the best time. The rain did not stop us from making the most out of our trip. I finally got the vacation I’ve been wanting after weeks of being stressed and busy in Manila. AKtour was very accommodating and we felt so welcomed. From the moment we arrived in Taiwan right to the minute we left, they did their best to pamper us and take good care of us. In fact, they were with us at all times, making sure we were doing well. I cannot be grateful enough for being given the opportunity to collaborate with their amazing team!
With that said, I’m sharing with you the places we got to experience during our trip! Here are my TOP 3 recommendations for accommodations that you should definitely check out!
Where to book flights:
- Cebu Pacific Airlines: Some of the cheapest plane tickets are sold by Cebu Pacific Airlines. The airline offers affordable direct flights from Manila to Taipei.
- Philippine Airlines: If you do not prefer low-cost carriers, you may book your flight with Philippine Airlines (PAL). There are numerous Philippine Airlines flights that operate to Taipei every week.
- Air Asia: AirAsia also offers direct flights to Taipei from different parts of Asia. They have numerous flight frequencies a day for a very affordable price.
- What we took: China Airlines! The plane was really classy and just from the looks of it, it boasts of state of the art facilities. The plane was quite big and the flight was smooth in general. The plane was equipped with TV screens and the airline offers in flight meals as well.
Do we need a visa before entering Taiwan?
- Taiwan is visa-free for Filipinos until July 31, 2020! Philippine passport holders are not required to acquire a visa in order to enter Taiwan as long as you stay for a maximum of 14 days. It is necessary to ensure that you have a valid passport that is valid at least 6 months before expiration.
- Airport transfers – A convenient and comfortable mode of transportation at an affordable price is always a great deal for budget travelers like me. For hassle-free and seamless airport transfers, BOOK HERE!
- SIM CARD – In order to stay connected, a reliable Internet connection is a must! It is very vital to always have an open communication line with your companions, in cases unexpected incidents take place. It is also cool to stay in touch with your friends and family back home. To enjoy nationwide coverage that works anywhere. BOOK HERE!
For travelers who are looking for an accommodation with a hip millennial vibe, I recommend:
Just Sleep, Ximending
This accommodation is known to be the one of the most stylish hotels in the city. It provides excellent service at a very affordable price. I have no words for the kind of hospitality that they offer. It actually felt like being accommodated in a five-star hotel!
There is a lot to say about Just Sleep Ximending, but let me just start by stating how every corner is Instagram-worthy! All the rooms are so cool and unique. It’s a haven for those who crave dainty spots for the gram! The hotel is also super budget-friendly, so no need to worry about breaking the bank. And did I mention there’s unlimited milk tea in their breakfast buffet?! Yep, you read that right!
The rooms are neat and unique in style. I don’t know about you but for me, cool interiors are always a plus! And true to its name, the beds are so comfortable that you’ll probably do nothing more than just sleep!
When it comes to amenities, they have free high speed wifi, free breakfast, and a safe storage for your baggage. On top of that, they also offer laundry service and dry cleaning! When it comes to the staff, they are all friendly and accommodating given that they have a 24-hour front desk as well as a reliable concierge.
- Where to book: CLICK HERE
- Hotel Address: 100, Taiwan, Taipei City, Zhongzheng District:
- How to go to the hotel from the airport: Just Sleep offers airport transfer services depending on your needs. However, if you’re planning to take public transportation to reach the hotel, take the shuttle buses to Taipei Main Station, and from there, you may hail a cab to Just Sleep.
- Nearby Attractions: Just Sleep is close to the bustling Ximen shopping district. You can also explore other tourist spots as everything is very accessible from Ximending.
For those who are traveling with their families, I recommend:
Just Sleep, Yilan
Much like the one located in Ximending, Just Sleep in Yilan is just as stylish and comfortable. This one is just more convenient for those who are traveling as a group–especially with their families. The hotel is very chic and it also offers five star services at an affordable rate!
The rooms are family-friendly so you can expect family-friendly amenities as well. They have a children’s library and a cute pool with rubber duckies! The hotel also has an indoor jacuzzi to top it all. Nothing says “the perfect family staycation” such as this one!
Just Sleep Yilan provides a unique premium accommodating experience for its guests. It is said to have set a new standard for local design hotels. For one, the hotel offers a built-in sodium bicarbonate hot spring! The rooms are incorporated with a jolly holiday ambience and they also have a refrigerator, safe, and flatscreen tv! There’s also a maze-style outdoor pool aside from the indoor hot spring.
- Where to book: CLICK HERE
- Hotel Address: No. 8, Lane 24, Deyang Road, Jiaoxi Township, Yilan County, Taiwan 262:
- How to go to the hotel from the airport: Situated in the popular Jiaoxi business district of Yilan, it takes a 5-minute walk from the train station and a 10-minute walk from the bus stop.
- Nearby Attractions: Just Sleep, Yilan is close to Jiaoxi shopping district. Famous sightseeing spots such as Paomo Historic Trail, Wufongci Designated Scenic Area, Jiaoxi Hot Spring Plaza, and Tangwei Brook Park are also very accessible on foot!
For luxury travelers who want to experience a grand staycation:
Regent Hotel, Taipei
Regent Hotel, Taipei is one of the most well-known hotels in the area. Located at the heart of Taiwan, the hotel is an ideal starting point if you intend to explore the city. Based on my experience, the hotel made me feel like a VIP from the moment I step foot on the lobby right until the second I left. The staff are very approachable and accommodating, they will see to it that you have a comfortable stay. My convenience was their priority and that’s what made me feel welcomed and at home!
Regent Hotel has got everything you need! From the 5 star hotel service to a luxurious shopping experience and an eight class restaurant that features delicious global cuisines! Their breakfast buffet is just the best and they have all the ideal amenities you could ever ask for. Need I say more?
The hotel has a total of 538 spacious and attractively designed rooms. Amenities include the large marbled bathroom with a relaxing tub and a separate shower, a pressure relieving Wellspring Bed as well as a pillow menu (can you imagine?!) and a feather duvet. They provide 24-hour room service and free wifi. On top of that, they also have a satellite TV, a stereo, and an in-room safe. The best part? A Mini bar! The Wellspring Spa urban resort can also be found in Regent Taipei. It is a state-of-the-art health and club sauna, with meeting banquets and a rooftop pool!
- Where to book: CLICK HERE
- Hotel Address: No. 3號, Lane 39, Section 2, Zhongshan North Road, Zhongshan District, Taipei City, Taiwan 104:
- How to go to the hotel from the airport: It is best to avail Regent Taipei’s airport transfer services but you can also take the Line 1819 bus to go there. For a faster route, just take the cab and tell the driver to drop you off at Regent Taipei.
- Nearby Attractions: Xingtian Temple, Q Square, Dihua Street, Wang De Chuan Tea Shop, and Showtime Thai Studios is very accessible from the hotel.
For us Pinoys, we are accustomed include pasalubong buying in our travel itineraries! It can be the most thoughtful part of every trip as we try our best to bring home some stuff for our loved ones back in the Philippines. That is why I was so delighted when AKtour provided us with some goodies! It saved me some time to shop for pasalubong! So just in case you’re interested, I’m sharing them with you guys for future reference. Everything’s truly ideal for pasalubong!
1.Annie’s Way Mask – From what I heard, this is the number one jelly mask brand in Taiwan. It’s a good skin care solution for blackheads, acne, and coarse pores!
2. BesideU Bag – Not only these bags are super spacious, they are also equipped with RFID Guarded Zip Pocket feature that is very useful for traveling!
3. DR JOU Essence Mask – This whitening mask contains ingredients that will help you achieve fairer skin! I’ve read some reviews online and so far, all I’ve seen are good comments about this product!
Sometimes, going to touristy places can be a bit draining. So it won’t hurt to set aside some time for rest and relaxation. After all, you need to take a break every once in a while. Every one of us deserves self-care and the best way to do it is to spend a staycation somewhere far away from worries and stress! The next time you find yourself in Taiwan, you might want to consider spending a few days for a grand staycation that you have always deserved! 🙂