I want to touch every grain of sand and swim to every clear waters of the beach. I want to climb every coconut trees and see how breathtaking the island is from above. I want to run to random places and be lost and get sunburned. I want to say hello to every person I pass by and know their stories behind their smiles. I want to chase every sunrise and sunsets and sleep under the stars. And so I go.
I explore, I discover. I swim, I jump. I drive, I walk. I want to soak up all the adventures this island can bring, and it’s never ending. Siargao Island is never ending.
Hi Siargao, My True Love
The island of Siargao is nothing short of captivating. It has everything you could ever want from a destination—the attractions, the vibe, the food. Everything is just amazing. But majority of the visitors believe that the magic of Siargao lies within its people and culture. These two are the key factors as to why many tourists from all over the globe come back tirelessly to the paradise that is Siargao. Including myself.
During my early visits to Siargao, I already knew in my heart that I have fallen in love with the island. But Siargao often leaves me wondering why I kept coming back. I was confused as to how it seems to call me and why, on my end, I couldn’t resist the urge to come back again and again and again. Back then, Siargao already felt like home. I just couldn’t pinpoint why. But it has always been. Fast forward to today when I found out why. I realized everything has a purpose—that I have a purpose here. A purpose to show the world how beautiful Siargao is, not just through photos but by tapping the hearts of everyone to visit here. I have a reason, I found the reason. And that is to encourage everyone to meet the beautiful island paradise of Siargao.
WHERE TO BOOK YOUR TOURS & ACTIVITIES:
COLZ TRAVEL offers everything from flights, accommodations, transportation rentals, daily tours, and even personal tips! If you want to experience the island the best way possible, book your tours with us and we’ll take care of everything else! We’ll see to it that your trip to Siargao will become your best adventure yet.
Pre Travel Guide
Where to book flights?
- Cebu Pacific has been my constant partner in booking my flights to Siargao since the very first time I went to the island. And every time I board the plane, it still feels like the first time. The airlines offer cheap flights to Siargao that do not compromise your safety and convenience. Cebu Pacific offers flights between Manila and Siargao six times a week. They also fly directly from Cebu to Siargao twice daily. (Click here to BOOK)
- Philippine Airlines also flies directly from Cebu, Clark, and Davao to the island of Siargao. There are two flights between Cebu and Siargao daily, two flights between Clark and Siargao daily, and two flights between Davao and Siargao daily.
- Skyjet Airlines If you prefer direct flights from Manila, Skyjet Airlines is also of the airlines in the country that flies directly between Siargao and Manila.
- VALUE ALLIANCE: Here’s the good news: You may now book your direct flights to Siargao via Value Alliance! Value Alliance is an airline alliance that consists of low-cost carriers including Cebu Pacific and Scoot, among others. The alliance allows passengers to book flights with all of its eight carriers and enables passengers to create itineraries across the region through a single booking. It definitely makes booking flights so easy and efficient! So let’s say, you’re coming from outside the Philippines, Value Alliance is definitely the way to go!
- TRAVELOKA: Finding the best flights for you is super hassle-free with Traveloka. You get to have an overview of the cheapest flight per day & per month by just keying in your destination in the search bar on the home page. They also offer weekly promos for more discounts! Prices shown in the results are FINAL PRICES already. Meaning, it already includes taxes–which are typically not shown in some booking platforms.
- SKYSCANNER: You may also flight through Skyscanner. They have a system that can take care of the legwork for you. Just key in your destination and they will provide the most affordable flights that you can get.
How to get around?
- MOTORBIKE RENTAL: The easiest way to get around is by renting a motorcycle and driving on your own (350 – 500 PHP/ Day).
- Note: As of Nov 18, the local government has implemented more strict regulations regarding motorbike rentals. Those who will rent shall provide a driver’s license. The motorbikes owners shall also present valid documents of the vehicle as well. Lastly, wearing a helmet is now a must.
- Where to rent? You may rent motorbikes through Colz Travel. Just let us know how can we help you maximize your adventure in Siargao and we’ll take care of it for you.
- CAR RENTAL: If convenience is your top priority and you always carry a lot of baggage with you wherever you go, then renting a car is your best option. You may rent a car for as low as PHP 2,500 for 24 hours. They can accommodate up to 8 people, depending on the car you will be renting. If you want to have a driver, you may also do so, but it comes with an additional fee. Don’t forget to present your driver’s license and the owner may also require you to provide some other government valid IDs if you will self-drive.
- TRICYCLE RENTAL: This is ideal if you want to roam around the town of General Luna, the attractions included in the North Land Tour, as well as other attractions that are accessible via land transportation. Though it is not the most efficient and fastest way to travel, this is a cheaper option. The standard rate for tricycle rental is PHP 2,500 which is already good for 3 pax.
- Where to rent? You may also go around the island with tricycles. You may book with Colz Travel. Just let us know how can we help you maximize your adventure in Siargao and we’ll take care of it for you.
- MULTICAB RENTAL: Ideal for larger groups, renting a multicab is also another way to visit and discover the beauty of Siargao on your own. It will cost you PHP 3,500 pesos for a whole day which is already good for 7-8 pax.
- Where to rent? You may book your private multicabs with Colz Travel. Just let us know how can we help you maximize your adventure in Siargao and we’ll take care of it for you.
- VAN: If you are traveling in groups, it would be better if you hire a van. You can rent a van all to yourself for Php 5,000 inclusive of driver and gas. This is already good for 8 pax. You get to go around the island for a whole day and you will just have to divide the cost among yourselves.
- Where to rent? You may book your private vans with Colz Travel. Just let us know how can we help you maximize your adventure in Siargao and we’ll take care of it for you.
Where to stay?
General Luna is the tourist hub of Siargao, so it is where most hotels and restaurants are located. The General Luna Tourism road is where you will find everything from the most affordable to the premiere accommodations and food places.
Nowadays, there has been a growing number of accommodations on the island. From dorm rooms in hostels to luxury staycations, Siargao has got it all. If you have any special requests when it comes to accommodations on the island, let us know! Colz Travel can book your stay for you!
- TOP MOST RECOMMENDED HOSTELS
- Tres Islas Siargao
- Villa Solaria
- Hiraya Surf Hostel
- Salty Nomads
- TOP MOST RECOMMENDED BUDGET RESORT
- Point 303 Resort
- Tarzan’s Industro
- Camp Fuego
- Tamara’s Coconut Home
- Yay Lodge
- Diwa Siargao
- TOP MOST RECOMMENDED 4- 5 STAR RESORT
- Apsaras Tribe
- Reef Beach
- Retreat Siargao Resort
- Siargao Island Villas
- Hillside Resort
Where to eat?
When it comes to Siargao’s food scene, there are a bunch of eateries and restaurants everywhere. It’s actually pretty overwhelming. If you are on a budget, the best way to eat around on the island is by looking for nearby carenderias. They offer various kinds of home-made Filipino dishes. To give you an idea, here is a list of my most favorite food spots!
- Barrel Chicken – I super love Barrel Chicken! The chicken is so good. It would probably be the best chicken I have had in my life. It is full of flavor and it is definitely worth the price!
- Kermit – Kermit is well known on the island for serving authentic Italian food. The most recommended is their pizza. They serve the best pizza on the island (and maybe in the whole country). It usually gets crowded at night but you can dine at their chillout lounge.
- Habhab – This is a great place to have breakfast and spend some downtime with yourself or with a couple of friends. Personally speaking, they offer such good hangover food. They are open for 24 hours which is great if you want to have a cup of coffee any time of the day.
- Bliss – This restaurant is all about classic and modern cuisines. They serve Italian dishes which I am super in love with! Their bestseller is their pasta, but they also offer such great appetizers and sandwiches. The location is cozy and perfect for hangouts. The hanging lights from the ceiling give it a hip beach vibe at night making it a great place to chill and dine.
- Kalinaw – Kalinaw is a beachfront restaurant is known for its romantic and warm ambiance. They serve dishes ranging from Filipino to south European dishes and a fusion of both flavors with a touch of French cuisine. It is famous for its authentic thin crust Italian style pizza made with fresh ingredients, so expect that it’s quite a bit pricey.
- Carenderia – The most budget-friendly restaurant that you can find on the island. However, don’t let the price fool you. They have the best lutong bahay meals. Truly ideal for vacations on a tropical paradise.
- Vivo Inn – Vivo Inn’s restaurant is a place that serves really good Filipino breakfast meals! Everything is freshly prepared and they also have such a great menu for lunch and dinner as well.
- Shaka Cafe- They offer the best-tasting and most aesthetically pleasing fruit bowls on the island. If you want to stay healthy even on vacation, give Shaka a visit and try their amazing selections of fruit bowls and smoothies.
- Mama’s Grill – Mama’s Grill is popularly known for its best-selling barbecue, chorizo, and chicken. If you are looking for a cheap eatery that serves quality food, make sure to stop by Mama’s Grill. It’s a top food destination in Siargao and you would surely love their menu! Spend your night in Mama’s Grill to enjoy their cold beer and grilled barbecue.
- Halika Artisan Gelato – Got a sweet tooth? No worries as you can have the most delicious authentic gelato in Halika. They offer a variety of flavors including vegan-friendly ones like Tomato and Watermelon, as well as one of a kind flavors like Red Horse. Overall, everything is so good, it will always be too hard to decide which one you should get!
Siargao definitely provides A-W-E-S-O-M-E experiences every single night! Every night has different and unique gimmicks. Parties are actually scheduled per bar. You must not miss this experience in Siargao, I tell you! Nights in Siargao are even more memorable with your friends or even newly met strangers. The vibe is so alive and the music hits differently when you’re dancing with such a positive crowd.
NOTE: There have been stricter regulations that were implemented regarding bars on the island. ALL BARS close at 12:00 AM sharp. So it’s best if you go out and start the night early to make the most out of it.
To give you an overview, here is a schedule of nightlife that you can use as a guide whenever you’re in Siargao:
- Monday: Rum Bar with live music from 9:30 until 11:30. The DJs will start by then until midnight.
- Tuesday: Art Night at Viento Del Mar, with trivia sessions between 6:00 to 8:00. There’s also the Trivia Night happening in Barrel at 7:30 every Tuesday. At 8:00, bands come in and perform jamming sessions until 11:00. After 11:00, there’s the Jungle Party at Tattoo.
- Wednesday: Sunset session at Bravo with their Pintxo-Pote Wednesdays. Then there’s the Reggae Party at Rum Bar with live music from 9:30 until 11:30. The DJs will start after that and end by midnight.
- Thursday: If you’re feeling lucky, Loose Keys has a weekly surfboard raffle on Thursdays. They give away lots of goodies and a very special custom wood surfboard as the grand prize. To enter the raffle, you just have to buy a beer and the ticket. More beers, more chances of winning!
- Friday: Viento Fridays hold their happy hour from 7:00 until 9:00 PM. Then the DJs will start. Right after, you may head to the Jungle Party at Tattoo.
- Saturday: Harana Resort has Espresso Martini party from 4:00 at Fili Beans. There’s also the party at Zicatela which is located right beside Harana.
- Sunday: There’s the Pool Party at La Mari, then Bravo holds After Surf Sundays starting at 4:00 pm. The DJs will start playing soon after.
- ATMs: Unlike before, it is now very convenient to withdraw anywhere around the island. The only downside is the PHP 50-PHP 65 peso charge per transaction. So, it’s still best to bring enough money even before arriving on the island. Here’s a list of ATMs on the island:
- BDO – General Luna, 50 meters from Palawan Shop
- DBP – General Luna, across the Roman Catholic Church
- DBP, PNB, East Bank – Dapa
- DBP – Sayak Airport
- Two ATMs – Del Carmen
- MONEY EXCHANGE: You can exchange your money to Philippine peso in the following money remittance centers:
- Palawan Shops in General Luna, Dapa, San Isidro, Del Carmen
- M Lhuiller Shops in General Luna, Dapa, Del Carmen
- Ronaldo’s Restaurant – General Luna
- REMITTANCE CENTERS: In case you have to claim money, you can collect cash from the following locations provided that you will present a valid ID with photo:
- M Lhuiller, General Luna
- Palawan Express, General Luna
- Cebuana Lhuiller, Del Carmen
- Western Union, Del Carmen
- LBC Express, Dapa
- BEST TIME TO SURF: Take note of the tides of the waves. It really does matter especially if you’re surfing or you’re visiting the Magpupungko pools. You can download the application Magic Seaweed on your AppStore, or visit their website to check the tides forecast.
- When driving, always be cautious and look out for dogs that may be on the road especially at night. Do not ever drive if you’re drunk.
- Should you be needing first aid or over the counter medication, there are pharmacies located in General Luna and Dapa where you can find antibiotics, vitamins, bandages, disposable syringes, etc. If you take regular medication which requires doctor’s prescriptions, make sure to pack enough for the duration of your trip. You may refer to the following pharmacies:
- Sam’s Pharmacy & Grocery
- Location: General Luna, Siargao, Surigao del Norte
- TPG Pharmacy
- Location: General Luna, Siargao, Surigao del Norte
- Sam’s Pharmacy & Grocery
- If you get injured, you will be brought to Metropolitan Doctors Medical Clinic, the most notable medical clinic facility on the island. They offer onsite physical examinations which are available by appointment. In case of emergency and other health concerns, their doctors are available 24/7 for house and hotel visits. The facility works closely with air ambulances which can accompany patients to tertiary hospitals in nearby cities if the situation requires.
- Other than this, you may also go to Dapa District Hospital, which cannot perform complicated surgeries due to lack of equipment and physicians. For major operations and diseases, patients will have to be transferred to Cebu City where there are modern and competent healthcare facilities.
- You may refer to the information below in case you need medical assistance:
- Metropolitan Doctors Medical Clinic
- Location: Purok 4, General Luna, Siargao, Surigao del Norte
- Contact: 0918 926 3112
- Metropolitan Doctors Medical Clinic
- Dapa District Hospital
- Location: Dapa, Siargao, Surigao del Norte
- Contact: 0948 900 6922
- General Luna Island Doctors Clinic
- Location: Tourism Rd, Purok 4
- Contact: 0917 848 4357
- Del Carmen District Hospital
- Contact: 0946 469 7574 / 0920 447 8679
- Del Carmen Ambulance
- Contact: 0912 074 6125
- Pilar District Hospital
- Contact: 0946 807 6440
- You may refer to the information below in case you need medical assistance:
- If you find yourself in danger, call for help. It is also advisable to have the hotline numbers of authorities on your phone. In case of an emergency, you may refer to the following hotlines:
- General Luna Tourist Police – +63 998 549 4147
- Del Carmen Municipal Police Station – +63 998-5555-700 / +63 998-9674-822
- Dapa Municipal Police Station – +63 929-8478-660 / +63 998-9719-407 / +63 926-6917-381
- Police Chief Inspector – 0998 967 4823
- Coast Guard – 0917 821 4072
- In case of fire, call this hotline number immediately:
- Del Carmen Fire Station – +63 998-5904-301
- Fire Protection – 0998 590 4303
4D/ 3N Itinerary
Beyond its waves and beaches, the island of Siargao boasts of countless natural wonders. Whether you are traveling solo or with a group, the best way to maximize your stay on the island is to go on a tour that will make your trip truly memorable. If you are planning a trip to Siargao soon, consider booking your tours with Colz Travel. Get to see all the main attractions and more in 2 full day tours for as low as PHP 2,900 per person. We also offer complete packages inclusive of accommodation, airport transfers, 2 full day tours, and complimentary meals starting at 𝐏𝐇𝐏 𝟒,𝟒𝟎𝟎 per person.
Upon arrival, it’s ideal to just settle in and have a chill schedule for the day. Most tours take up the whole day, so it’s best to save your energy for the upcoming days which you will likely spend touring around the island.
- Arrival in Siargao (Take the Van outside the Aiport to General Luna: 250PHP/ PAX)
- Arrive in General Luna
- Tour around General Luna.
- Try out the food.
- Chase Sunset. Here’s is a list of the best sunset spots in Siargao:
- Cloud 9: Since Cloud 9 is one of the most popular spots in Siargao, expect that it could be crowded during the golden hour. The famous Cloud 9 three-story hut offers a magnificent view of the sea once the sun starts to set. You may also watch from the boardwalk while some surfers bask in the warm sunlight.
- Malinao Secret Beach: Contrary to the first option, there’s a higher possibility that you can enjoy the sunset all to yourselves in Malinao Secret Beach. Being a secluded area, this is the best place to wind down and have some quiet time.
- Siargao Bridge, Catangnan area: It has one of the best views of the sunset. The bridge is still under construction as of writing, but if you’re up to thrill and adventure, you can jump from the birdge and right into the ocean! Talk about extreme and unique cliff jumping!
Begin your fun-filled and adventure-packed days with Colz Travel!
Avail the 2 FULL DAY TOURS for only PHP 2,900. All inclusive of lunch, land/boat transfers, entrance fees, environmental fees, cottage rentals, tour guide, photographer, and boat operator! It’s definitely worth it.
- SIARGAO LAND TOUR
⛱ SIARGAO MOUNTAIN VIEW
⛱ COCONUT PLANTATION
⛱ MAASIN RIVER
⛱ SUGBA LAGOON
Continue your Siargao Adventure with Colz Travel. This time, get to visit and experience the three most popular islands in Siargao!
- SIARGAO ISLAND HOPPING TOUR
⛱ NAKED ISLAND
⛱ DAKU ISLAND
⛱ GUYAM ISLAND
On your last day, you may spend your free time surfing or chilling by one of the beaches on the island. Also try to maximize your stay before your flight departure by checking out some restaurants, shops, and other hidden gems.
- Surf (Optional) or Chill by Cloud 9
- Leave for the airport
If you’re staying longer in Siargao and you have plenty of time to go on more adventures, here is a list of fun and exciting activities that will make your trip even more worthwhile:
- Siargao Wakepark: While wakeboarding is more popular in Camarines Sur, there is a newly-opened wakepark in Siargao if your favorite watersport is wakeboarding! It is similar to surfing and very beginner-friendly. It costs Php 1,000 per session, inclusive of equipment and safety gear usage. Each session takes about 90 minutes, enough to make your visit worthwhile. This is definitely one of the best ways to enjoy a day on the island!
- Where to book: You may book your activities with Colz Travel. Let us know how can we make your trip the most memorable one yet, we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Volunteer: If you want to make your visit purposeful, you may also come and join some of Siargao’s volunteer programs. You may join beach clean ups, help the children how to read, or even help out by simply donating trash.
- Siargao Masaya: If you’re passionate about kids and helping them learn, join Sirgao Masaya’s storytelling session with the children of Siargao. They have a mobile library that they take to the public market on Saturdays at 8:00 AM. To volunteer, you may reach out to their team and ask them about further details. You may contact them through their social media accounts:
Grom Nation: Empowering Siargao – Share your knowledge and talents with the youth of Siargao by educating them about relevant and social issues. You may reach them on Instagram at @gromnationsiargao
The Sun Crew: Surf and Sustainability Programs – Help clean up the beach in Pacifico every Saturday. The sessions are followed by surf lessons with the local children of the island. You may reach them at 09120598781.
Nature Kids of Siargao – Help at the Recycling Studio where trash is being recycled and recreated into pillows and bean bags that will benefit the locals. You may reach them at email@example.com or @naturekidsofsiargao on Instagram.
SEA Movement: Environmental Awareness – They organize beach clean-ups every weekend with the SEA patrol crew. You may reach them at 09958772389, email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or on @s.e.a.movement.
Puppy Puddle Siargao – The group is looking for long-term volunteers who can help take care of rescued puppies. In exchange, volunteers can stay at their volunteer house. You may reach them at 092785799979, via email at @email@example.com, or on Instagram at @puppypuddlesiargao.
- Siargao Party Boat
- Overview: Party all day in the most awesome boat while hitting the 3 famous islands of Siargao! The fun starts at PHP 12:00 PM and ends at 5:30 PM. The tour includes unlimited alcohol, lit music, as well as barbecue and snacks! It cannot get any better than this!
- Where to book: You may book your boat party with Colz Travel for only PHP 1,500 per person!
Siargao can be very affordable if you let it be. It really depends on your preferences and plans. But if you’re into budget traveling, you can always opt for the cheaper options when it comes to accommodation and food. The best part though is you can make the most out of your trip by availing an affordable tour package without compromising your comfort and convenience. When it comes to your allocation of expenses for the accommodation and food, it is really up to you whether you would want to splurge or minimize your costs.
- RT Airport Transfers: 500 PHP
- 3 Nights Accommodation: 3000 PHP / 2 PAX = 1500 PHP / PAX
- 2 Day Tour Package (COLZ TRAVEL ): 2900 PHP
- Daily Food (On A Budget / Carenderia / Meal Sharing): 210 PHP/ Day = 735 PHP / 3.5 Days
- Tricycle Transportation: 150 PHP
TOTAL: 5,785 PHP
The island of Siargao is a gem itself that will never run out of natural wonders. Making your visit worthwhile is very important and you can do so by continuously discovering and exploring the special destinations on the island. However, in the end, it is up to you on how you want to spend your days on the island. But if I were you, I will not take Siargao for granted. Go out of your hotels, rent a motorbike, or better yet–book a tour with Colz Travel so you can witness the beauty of the island firsthand!