El Nido is one of the country’s most top-rated destinations and in its own right. The island itself is like a secluded paradise–tucked away from the city, from everyone else. When you get there, you can immediately feel the “vacay” vibe. Everything is so relaxed, laidback, and chill. It’s like worries do not exist in such paradise. The town truly sets the vacation mood. The views, the islands, the beaches–those may be the reasons why you are visiting, BUT choosing the place you’re staying in is also one of the important factors that you should consider in order to have a memorable vacation. Your accommodation can either make or break your trip!
As you may know, reaching the town of El Nido requires 5-6 hours of land travel (or else, you are willing to spend on the tall prices of the direct flights) and that’s almost half of a day spent on the road! That’s why for me, I believe one should really allocate enough time to spend getting to know El Nido. By doing so, you should at least maximize your trip by touring around and staying in a clean, comfortable, and cozy accommodation that you most definitely deserve!
About The Apartments
The Apartments just opened last October 2019. This is a major plus for the incoming guests as everything in the place is brand new and squeaky clean! I have been to a number of accommodations during my travels and might I say, this is one of the most decent accommodations that has got that “luxury” vibe. I think it is also one of the best in the town of El Nido. Don’t get me wrong, the town is full of hostels and inns that are good enough for those who are looking for budget-type accommodations, but if you’re looking for a place that can upgrade your stay in El Nido, you just have to consider The Apartments! The bonus? The location is very accessible to almost everything convenient, including restaurants, shops, and even the port that serves as a jumpoff point for the tours!
Pre Travel Guide
Where to book tours?
Tour rates in El Nido are all standardized. However, Colz Travel offers the cheapest yet excellent tour services! If you are planning a trip to El Nido soon, consider booking your tours with Colz Travel. Get to see all the main attractions and more in 2 full day tours for as low as PHP 2,450 per person! They also complete packages inclusive of accommodation, airport transfers, 2 full day tours, and complimentary meals starting at PHP 3,800 per person.
Where to book flights?
The easiest way to reach El Nido is by flying to Puerto Princesa. From there, it takes 5-6 hours land travel to E Nido. There are direct flights to El Nido but flying to Puerto Princesa is definitely the cheaper option.
- Philippine Airlines – PAL operates direct flights to Puerto Princesa from different parts of the Philippines including the main hubs Manila, Cebu, Clark, and Davao. They offer affordable and comfortable seats, so rest assured that you will have the best flight experience!
- Cebu Pacific – Cebu Pacific also offers direct flights to Puerto Princesa daily. The airlines offer cheap flights that do not compromise your safety and convenience.
- AirAsia – AirAsia flies directly to Puerto Princesa as well. They have numerous flight frequencies a day for a very affordable price.
- AirSWIFT – This is the only airline that flies directly from Manila to El Nido. AirSWIFT operates four flights each day.
How to get to El Nido from PPS (and vice versa):
- By Van: You may avail convenient airport transfers via Colz Travel for only PHP 600 / person (one-way). Travel time takes 5-6 hours.
- By Bus: Another option is to take the bus. It’s slower than vans and there are fewer trips compared to vans. Buses depart every two hours. Go to San Jose Terminal and board a bus bound for E Nido. You may choose from RoRo Bus and Cherry Bus. It costs PHP 290 for an ordinary bus and PHP 380 for an airconditioned bus. Travel time takes around 6-7 hours.
How to get around?
- Island Tours – To explore the islands of El Nido has to offer, one has to join an island hopping tour. The tours are categorized by 4 letters-A, B, C, D. Each tour is a delight on its own right, but the bestsellers are Tour A and Tour C. All tours are STANDARDIZED. ALL tour agencies offer THE SAME tours to all guests. You can’t find anyone (even private tours) that offers specialized or “off the beaten path” tours. Book the most affordable tours with COLZ TRAVEL.
- Land tour:
- Tricycle: If you’re going around the town, the easiest way is to ride a tricycle. Fixed price is PHP 20.
- Motorbike: You may also rent a motorbike to explore the town on your own. The rental fee is PHP 500 per day.
How to go to The Apartments?
The Apartments is located along Osmeña Street of Barangay Buena Suerte in the town of El Nido. To get there, you just have to ride a tricycle from anywhere in town. If you’re coming from Puerto Princesa Airport, you have to ride a van to El Nido Terminal and hire a tricycle to The Apartments.
The Apartments Personal Review
What’s unique about the place is how you get to stay in an apartment complex. The units are designed for families, friends, and groups. They have ten units which are named and patterned after the iconic islands and attractions of El Nido. The rooms are neat and unique in style. I don’t know about you but for me, cool interiors are always a plus!
Friendliness and Hospitability
I have no words for the kind of hospitality that they offer. It actually felt like being accommodated in a five-star hotel! Everyone was so friendly, from the time we were greeted by the guards up until we were endorsed to one of the staff. We were accommodated in a very timely manner, which really says something about how they value their guests.
They’re so helpful too! Of course, as first timers in El Nido, we had a lot of questions. We were always approaching any of the staff to ask how to get around, where to eat, what to do. The commendable thing about everyone in The Apartments was how they always provided us with all the details and more. The guard even goes out of his way to hop in the conversation and help us! Everyone was so kind and helpful!
When we entered our room, our jaws literally dropped. It was so spacious and clean! We loved how the room smelled and how the airconditioning temperature was set. It was so comforting for travelers like us who have gone a long way from Manila.We booked the Panuytuyan Island room by the way. The unit is 54.33sqm that can hold up to 4 persons.
- Bed: The bed was so comfortable and cozy that it was super hard to get out of bed and tour around!
- Television: The TV is equipped with a fast internet connection so you can watch from your favorite videos and films from Youtube and Netflix.
- Kitchen: The kitchen has the complete basic sets including a rice cooker, a microwave, a refrigerator, a coffee maker, even pans. And might I add, there are also plates and utensils available for the guests’ use
- Bathroom: It’s spacious and clean complete with heater and shower. The best part?! There’s a bidet! Ugh bidet is life!
- Wifi: It’s surprisingly fast! El Nido is known for having slow to no Internet signal at all. But you can access reliable Internet connection in The Apartments.
FREE LAUNDRY! On top of everything, they also offer laundry service! You just have to provide/buy your own detergent for PHP 50 and that is quite enough for your used clothes from the trip.
Daily Room Service: If I were to rate the cleanliness, I would give it a 10/10! Everything is so tidy and organized.
They have a relaxing poooool!
Of course to complete every staycation, the pool is so relaxing and hip–ideal for those who are looking for some time to unwind and destress!
In the end, it still depends on the traveler’s goals for the trip on which to prioritize. Some might prioritize the tours over the accommodation. While there are still many of us out there who are also looking for some relaxation from time to time. And if you are indeed looking for a place to unwind and recharge, there’s no better place than El Nido. Island hopping adventures, a laidback town, cozy and comfortable staycation experience. All the ingredients for spending a perfect vacation is in El Nido.. What more could you possibly ask for?